Spartan Training Gear™ is pleased to announce its corporate alliance with Tony Torres, his Functional Edge System and Functional Edge Mixed Martial Arts.
The work Tony Torres is doing to advance the development of behaviorally-based personal defense is second to none. We're pleased that the Hoplite Training Armour™ can be incorporated into this training and eventually become an indispensable tool to all students of the Functional Edge System.
Here's a brief bio on Coach Torres:
- Founder and Chief Instructor of Functional Edge Mixed Martial Arts
- 35 years experience practicing and teaching several styles of martial arts, combatives, self-defense and defensive tactics to civilians, Law Enforcement agencies and Military personnel
- 4th Degree Tae Kwon Do Black Belt & member of the All Navy Team while serving in the military
- Former Defensive Tactics Instructor for the US Navy Atlantic Fleet Headquarters Security Team
- 13 year veteran of the Virginia Beach Police Department
- Certified Law Enforcement and Defensive Tactics Instructor
- Former lead Force on Force and CQB Fundamentals Instructor for Blackwater USA, teaching the US Navy
- Certified S.P.E.A.R. System Instructor with Blauer Tactical Systems
- 2 years experience as a Private Military Contractor for BlackWater USA providing Dignitary Protection in Iraq
And a introduction to the Functional Edge System:
1. Functional: Affects physiological and psychological action and purpose
2. Edge: Force, vigor and energy of body and intensity of desire
3. System: An interacting group of items forming a unified whole. An organized and established procedure.
The Functional Edge System is a method of studying violent conflicts and learning the skills necessary to efficiently deal with them.
The training methods are designed to connect to the necessary attitudes, emotions, instincts, and physical skills & behaviors which will enable and empower the trainees in dangerous situations.
We train by cognitively modeling instinctive protective behavior in order to facilitate the physical, psychological and emotional transitions from reactive to responsive.
The goal of the Functional Edge System is to merge instinctive behavior with cognitive attitude.
Before the Hoplite Training Armour™ was officially launched, we had the prototypes tested by some of the very best trainers in the world. One of the first trainers we contacted was Tony Torres of Functional Edge MMA. He agreed to put it to the test, then sent us this testimonial.
"In my experience as a police officer, soldier and as a trainer for Law Enforcement, Military Units, and Civilian athletes, I have had the opportunity to train in just about every training gear out there.
Hoplite Training Armour by Spartan Training Gear is the best by far. It is the perfect combination of protection and mobility. I have used it for self protection scenario training as well as for sparring and even stick fighting. Not only is the protection and mobility the best but also the comfort while wearing it.
From now on Hoplite Training Armour is the official training gear of the Functional Edge System and Functional Edge Mixed Martial Arts!"
Professional Law Enforcement and Military Trainer
Founder Functional Edge System and Mixed Martial Edge
Keep an eye out for more from Spartan Training Gear™ and the Functional Edge System coming in 2011.
Post a Comment